Personal Information Collected
We may collect the following information:
- business address
- email address/s
- telephone number/s
Other information which may be collected may include:
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS)
- information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, application forms
Cookies are only used to improve the online booking process. By remembering the preferences of visitors to the online booking pages RMS streamline the reservation process.
Cookies are used for no other process and the information pertaining to them are not shared with any other person or entity.
Collection of Customer Data
Typically personal information is collected directly from you during the sales process
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- during conversations with our team members
- when you complete registrations, requests or applications for our products or services
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means)
- when you interact with us during trade shows and special events
Customers of RMS Clients
We may be storing personal information that has been collected by our customers who are typically commercial and public accommodation providers. Our customers collect personal information in a variety of methods which are outside of our control.
The methods our customers might collect personal information include:
- Making an online booking
- Guest registration
- Guest enquiry
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper), this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If we are unable to collect your personal information:
- we may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information:
- to provide you with products and services
- to communicate with you
- to answer your questions and provide you with information
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us via email
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us.
You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile.
RMS does not pass out its customer lists for promotion or publicity
RMS does not sell its customer lists
Screen shots used in demonstrations and examples in manuals, advertising and on our website do not include details of any real person
Remote access to customers’ databases is needed to provide an efficient and rapid response to requests for assistance. RMS staff will only connect to a customer’s data with the full knowledge of the customer and will advise when connection is terminated.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. While RMS will endeavour to protect customer information, it cannot guarantee the security of any information any person may transmit when they access its website. Even though RMS encrypts data transmitted over the Internet, it still cannot guarantee data transmitted cannot be unencrypted by persons with nefarious intentions. Nonetheless, the likelihood of this occurring is extremely low.
Customers as Referees
RMS will respond to requests from potential customers about existing customers by providing names of selected customers as examples of sites where its products are used. If referees are requested, RMS will contact existing customers to obtain agreement before releasing contact details
Updating your information
You may update your information at any time via the Contact tab on our website, Update Your Details
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact:
Mr Roger Mitchell (Chief Financial Officer)
116 Harrick Road Keilor Park VIC 3042
T: 03 8399 9462
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours, and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by email or telephone.